Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mile High Football


Do you remember answering this question... "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
For most kids, we get answers like...Astronaut, Artist, Professional Football Player, Dancer, or Jedi Knight.
For me, I always dreamed of being a basketball coach. This year, I get my first opportunity to do the next best thing. I am a Middle School football coach! And I can think of few things beside Christ, family, camp, and friends that get me more excited and passionate. There's something about working with awkward, crazy, and un-fazed junior high boys that gets me excited. It reminds me of past days of the newness of athletics and the joy of team.
While I don't think Mile High Football is going change any lives this year, I do pray that these boys learn something more than just how to make a hit or run the football. I pray that they each find someone in their life who cares about them. That they learn that a one man team never got anything done. That it took an entire teams effort, encouragement, and enthusiasm to get through each game. That football points to one of God's greatest desires for all people. That we would be one team!
Jarred

No comments:

Post a Comment