Thursday, October 28, 2010

October in the Canyon


The best time of year to raft the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon has to be October! This is definitely a statement I never imagined I would be making. I never sat as a kid and thought to myself, "When I grow up, I want to be a paddle captain on the Colorado River." This is one thing about my job that I will never take for granted!

Time on the River is just different. It's slow, calm, intense, relaxing, scary, wild, fun, and new every trip. Last week, we rafted my first Prescott locals trip with our Crossfit gym. You can't replace a group like we took. They were great paddlers, workers, and just great people. We laughed every night around the campfire and made memories that will forever become a part of our trips through the Grand canyon. A big thanks to Joey, Christian, Chris, Ben, Jonathan, Jami, Carolina, and Bob for making it all happen. Also another shout out to Chris Holohan and Dan Thompson for their first ride in the back seat as paddle captains. Hope your next trip keeps the rubber side down, the people side up, and the Rez on the left!

Jarred

No comments:

Post a Comment